How Long Do Lip Fillers Take To Heal?
Lip fillers are a minimally invasive procedure involving injecting different fillers into the lips, resulting in a faster recovery than different kinds of other lip cosmetic surgeries. The healing time for lip fillers can vary from person to person, but generally, it takes about 1 to 2 weeks for the initial swelling and bruising to subside. During this time, it’s common to experience tenderness, redness, and slight discomfort in the treated area.
How to take care of the lips after getting lip fillers?
Proper aftercare ensures a smooth and comfortable recovery after lip fillers treatment. It helps minimize bruising, swelling, and discomfort, allowing you to enjoy the best possible results.
Here are some easy-to-follow lip filler aftercare tips to promote healing and enhance your overall experience.
- Give a light massage with aloe vera or arnica creams, but consult your healthcare professional first.
- Add ice wrapped in a cloth to your lips to reduce swelling and discomfort.
- Take it easy with exercise for the first couple of days to prevent increased swelling.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water to support the healing process.
- Opt for hydrating fruits and vegetables while avoiding salty foods that can worsen swelling.
- Steer clear of high temperatures like saunas or steam rooms to minimize swelling.
- Sleep with your head elevated on pillows to help reduce swelling.
By adhering to these guidelines, you can support a smoother and more comfortable recovery journey.
What should you avoid after getting lip filler?
To promote optimal healing and maintain your desired outcome, it’s important to avoid certain activities and substances.
Here are some key things to avoid during lip filler aftercare:
- Avoid Excessive Lip Touching or Pressure
Minimize touching or pressing on your lips to reduce the risk of infection or irritation.
- Avoid Eating Hot or Spicy Foods
Avoid consuming hot or spicy foods that may aggravate your lips and increase swelling.
- Say No to Smoking and Tobacco Products
Avoid smoking or using tobacco products, as they can delay healing and negatively impact your lip appearance.
- Stay Away from Excessive Sun Exposure
Minimize sun exposure and tanning beds, as UV rays can cause inflammation and discoloration.
- Avoid Alcohol-Based Products
Please refrain from using lip balms or cleansers with alcohol, as they can dry out your lips and impede the healing process.
- Minimize Straining Lip Movements
Limit activities that strain your lips, such as vigorous exercise or excessive facial movements.
- Skip Makeup Application
Avoid applying makeup on your lips immediately after the procedure to prevent irritation.
- Refrain From Blood Thinning Medications
Consult your healthcare provider before using any medications, especially blood-thinning drugs, to minimize the risk of bruising.
Avoiding these habits can accelerate recovery and maximize the results of your lip filler treatment.
Transform Your Lips with Our Expert Lip Filler Treatments
From plumping and shaping to adding natural volume, Miracle Dental offers personalized lip filler treatments tailored to your desires. Our team of experienced professionals specializes in delivering stunning lip filler results that will leave you feeling fabulous. Book An Appointment to get lip fillers, and let us guide you through achieving your dream lips.