Dental Implants in Philadelphia
Philadelphia dental implants from a compassionate dental team
Dental implants provide an ideal way to replace missing teeth. They are a good option for people who have lost their teeth due to periodontal disease, injury, or other trauma. Many patients opt for implants since they look and function like real teeth and offer a permanent solution.
In this procedure, providers at a dental implant clinic in Philadelphia surgically place a titanium implant into the jawbone. This replaces the root of the missing tooth, and it is held in place by the surrounding tissue. The implant fuses with the bone over time. After full healing, the implant feels the same as a natural tooth.
There are many reasons to consider dental implants for your restorative dentistry needs. Following are some reasons to get in touch with your dentist about potential Philadelphia dental implants. Keep in mind that this is not an exhaustive list. You should talk to a trusted dentist and get an examination to find out if dental implants are a good fit for you.
Reasons You Could Need Philadelphia Dental Implants
Just because teeth aren’t missing from the front of your smile doesn’t mean that a dental implant can’t solve the issue. There are many factors that could spell a need for high-quality dental implants in Philadelphia.
- You have lost or will lose teeth due to periodontal disease, injury or other reasons: Even if missing teeth aren’t very obvious, they can still affect your entire mouth. Injury and disease can lead to tooth loss, and some people are simply born one or two teeth shy of the standard 32.
That said, each and every tooth contributes to the firmness and structural support of the face, and that includes the skin that lays on top. Without a tooth to support, the jawbone in that area shrinks, even if it’s only slightly. Dental implants can restore the changes that occur from missing teeth.
- You want a more natural look and feel: Dental implants go inside the jawbone and are generally made of titanium. Though titanium is very different from bone, dental implants provide the most natural possible replacement for teeth. Why is this? Unlike crowns or cosmetic work, a dental implant resides in the jaw to function just like the root of an actual tooth. With the reliable support underneath, the artificial tooth on top doesn’t just look like a real tooth, it performs like one.
- You want to avoid dentures: Choosing dentures is a personal preference, but many patients simply want another option. Though dentures look like real teeth, they simply cannot function as effectively. Further, they cannot prevent bone loss. In fact, it’s possible that getting dentures can worsen pre existing bone deterioration in the mouth. Dental implants in East Philadelphia may be able to prevent you from needing dentures.
- You want the ability to chew food better: Surface-level dental work from less-experienced dentists might look great, but it won’t necessarily stand the test of time. And crowns and caps quite literally cover up the problem, even if they’re from the right dentist. In contrast, dental implants provide the structure, support, and function of normal teeth without the compromises.
- You want to avoid bone deterioration: As stated before, when there is no tooth requiring support, it leads to shrinkage in that part of the law. Each additional missing or decayed tooth can compound the issue. Plus, a person might naturally avoid certain foods or chew their food unevenly when they are forced to eat with their teeth missing. All these factors combined can lead to noticeable bone loss over time.
Philadelphia Dental Implants From Experienced, Compassionate Providers
If you need dental implants in East Philadelphia, it makes sense to explore your options. Naturally, you need to find the Best dentist in Philadelphia with the right location, budget, insurance coverage, payment plan, and more.
It can be frustrating to spend days or weeks hunting around for a dental provider, but remember that the health of your teeth and mouth is worth it in the long run. Taking great care of your teeth can even empower you to improve your total-body health. After all, dental health is part of overall health.
Get high-quality dental implants in Northeast Philly
When you need teeth implants in Philadelphia but don’t know where to begin, call Miracle Dental to book your appointment. Dr. Frolov and her team have been providing patients the best dentistry has to offer for many years.
Their compassionate care and commitment to top-notch dentistry has helped hundreds of patients fix their dental issues and take charge of their health.
With world-class dental technology and kind, helpful staff to guide your experience, you have nothing to fear except never having to complain about your dental issues again!